Sunday 21 January 2018

Threats - blackmail -three more arrests and my BIG RED BOOK!


My big red book!
February 2006

Telephone calls from my solicitor advising me to drop my appeal - CPS solicitor wanting to 'horse trade' - something was very wrong.

The solicitor prosecuting was threatening to bring further charges against me if I appealed his win over me.  These were going to be charges of harassment.  I knew I wasn't guilty of any such offence, as I had never at any time instigated any form of confrontation, and harassment being a course of conduct, there would have to have been numerous incidents which I was guilty of.  I was completely comfortable in my belief that his threats were just that, empty threats, but why?   I also had a detailed log of every incident that had taken place.   In my view, this was most unprofessional behaviour and a very alarming turn of events.   For some reason, he didn't want me appealing against his victory.  To make these threats it would be natural to most people to presume he did have evidence and had received a file from the police on which to prosecute. I knew this couldn't possibly be correct.  I knew he did not have any genuine/truthful evidence against me - I knew!   As the police had not issued any warning against me nor had they mentioned any such accusations on their many visits to us, it reinforced my opinion that the threat was just a way of attempting to stop me from proceeding with an appeal.   I decided to put his threat to the test, and force him into producing evidence - if he had any.   I contacted Dyfed Powys Police and asked for the incidents my neighbours had been supposedly reporting to them. I wrote three letters but with no response.  After three weeks I telephoned them. 

Procedure....... Each and every time we reported incidents to the police, without fail they would contact the Thomases to explain the nature of the complaint and they were then given the opportunity to deny the accusation.  We would then be told that our accusation had been countered and no further action would be taken as it was 'our word against theirs'.  We were told that this was the procedure the police were bound to follow. 

Given this practice by the police, it would be perfectly reasonable to presume that these same procedures would be followed regarding any complaints/allegations made by the Thomases against us, and we too would be afforded a visit from the police, notified of any allegation made, and would have the same opportunity of either admitting, explaining or denying, any such allegation. This never happened.  At no time throughout our ordeal were we informed of any accusation against us. We were being treated differently by the police, it was obvious.  The other view would be that no allegations were being made against us, and therefore the police would have no reason to pay us a visit.    If this was the case it begs the question as to why the CPS solicitor so heavily involved in my case was threatening to bring charges of harassment at all?


On the 1st March, I received a phone call from an Inspector saying they would be visiting that day to show us the list of claims. This was going to be very enlightening in more ways than one.  It was!  I recorded this meeting and it can be viewed on one of the documentaries made by ITV. It was astounding.

They produced, on a plain sheet of A4 seven dated incidents, which shockingly were the very incidents that we had logged with the police.  Not only were they our own accusations of threatening behaviour from the Thomases, but we had also produced filmed evidence to support our ordeal.  This evidence proved beyond doubt that we were being bullied and intimidated on a daily basis by the Thomases.  This intimated some kind of collusion.  It was plain. Being that this list consisted of the very allegations of intimidation and threats we had advised the police of, accompanied with our filmed evidence, it also begged the question - why weren't the Thomases being prosecuted? 

Shockingly - exceedingly important details depicted on the filmed footage had been totally ignored in favour of what I can only describe as warped, seriously flawed and dishonest accusations. I was totally confident that this evidence would be ridiculed by a judge if it ultimately ended up in Crown Court.    My reservations were, that due to being found guilty of assault on evidence that should have been thrown out of court previously, I had lost all faith in Magistrates.  The Magistrates could find me guilty against the evidence, and I would be forced yet again to go to appeal which I would be prepared to do on this travesty. It was going to be even further pressure and stress, with no end in sight. However, it would ultimately play into my hands as Crown Court is far removed from the shenanigans that can take place in the Magistrates Courts. The sleepless nights that followed were twofold. Obviously, the mental turmoil of having to defend myself again, in court, with more visits to solicitors, but more than that - what and who was behind this?.  Was I a threat to someone or someones as it was certainly feeling very much like a witchhunt?

17th. March - just over two weeks after being given the infamous list of erroneous allegations - two officers arrived, I was arrested and taken to the police station.  I was put in a cell for five hours, interviewed and then charged with harassment against the evidence we had previously produced.

I was now facing the prospect of having to defend myself again, in two separate court cases - one in Crown Court for my appeal against the assault charge and another in Magistrates, again, for the charge of harassment, which in my view could be construed as so seriously flawed it could possibly amount to 'perverting the course of justice' by a CPS solicitor.   I was placed on bail. Carmarthen Council has a lot to answer.  If they had carried out correct planning procedures none of this would be happening to me.  Nor would the two previous owners of our property gone through the ordeal of threats and intimidation from the Thomases either. 

A few weeks later, through Freedom of Information, I found a very interesting letter directly related to the threats made to me by the CPS solicitor in court. Karen Thomas had written to the Traffic Commissioner and in her letter advised the Commissioner that the CPS was going to bring charges of harassment against me.  The reason this is interesting is that this letter was dated TWO MONTHS before the threats were even made which shows that there was some unethical familiarity between the CPS, the police and the Thomases. Not only that, NO incidents of any kind had been recorded with the police by the Thomases - against us.  My question, therefore, is this....with no incidents logged by the Thomases, a plethora of incidents logged by us with filmed evidence, what on earth were the CPS relying upon to charge me with harassment!  What's more, if the CPS had evidence against me and were confident that these charges would be upheld, why would they pressure me to drop my appeal in favour of dropping charges against me.  It does not make any sense at all and gave me and my solicitor great cause for concern.




On the 20th. April I was arrested for the 3rd time.  This time it was for breach of bail.  I had apparently opened the boarded over gate five times over a two week period - unnecessarily - according to the Thomases complaint. I was again placed in a cell - this time for thirteen hours, before being charged.   During my time in custody, I was advised the police were serving a section 18 which meant they were going to search my home.  For what I asked myself.   I've never felt so frightened and vulnerable in all my life.  This had turned into a nightmare. What on earth was happening to me?  My son and Eddie were at the police station not knowing what to do.  I made the one phone call allowed to me.  I rang a close friend and told her that the police were going to take things from my home and I asked her if she could ring Eddie and tell him to safeguard all my filmed evidence as this was going to be vital to my defence.  I had such mistrust of the police and CPS and was reliant on my filmed evidence to prove the charges of harassment to be false.  I was now facing three different charges and three separate court cases. 

As soon as I put the phone down I was arrested again.  This would be my 4th arrest for 'attempting to pervert the course of justice'.  I was stunned.  I can't put into words my feelings of utter despair , helplessness and hopelessness. My life had fallen apart.  Could I cope with all that happening to us?  We were not young people and had never been involved with police - CPS - Courts - dishonest councils - ever!  I blamed Carmarthen council for everything that was happening to me.  How could they not be to blame?  Due to planning corruption, and the deceit I was being faced with, our property was totally unsaleable and our businesses were never going to materialise. They had taken over our lives and it was spiralling out of control.  We had no control at all over our lives - Carmarthen Council - the police  - the CPS and theThomasess were in total control of us!

21st. April I was to appear in Carmarthen Magistrates court for the charge of breach of bail.   I hadn't slept all night and felt weak and nauseous as soon as I began getting ready to attend my court hearing. These feelings grew worse and worse, and I knew I couldn't attend court.  I was in a very bad place.  Eddie rang my solicitor, who told him to ring my GP.  My GP wrote out a note to the court which was delivered to my solicitor to present to the Magistrates.  The Magistrates set another date, but the CPS solicitor wasn't at all happy.  He told the Magistrates that I was 'faking it'.  He was very angry at my non-attendance and was demanding that the Magistrates issue an order for my arrest and have me remanded in custody.   In other words to be put in prison whilst awaiting the next court date.  Thank goodness the Magistrates showed common sense and didn't issue a warrant for my arrest, and set a new date for the 26th. April.

In the interim period, I had written to the head of the CPS as had my solicitor asking very probing and pertinent questions as to the evidence they were attempting to rely upon etc. 

26th. April  My plea hearing...  Woke up feeling very nervous.  A group of friends met us at the court, and the friendly usher found a room for all of us which was which was great. My solicitor advised me that the CPS solicitor who had threatened, blackmailed and wanted me to be put on remand, was not in court, he had been replaced.  I believe that to was due to pressure from my solicitor and possibly the Head of the CPS.   My solicitor said the atmosphere in court was 'good today' - 'laid back and quite different'. The charge of 'breach of bail' (opening the gate) had been dropped and been replaced with another charge of harassment, this time for 'banging the gate'  Not 'opening the gate' but now 'banging the gate'.  My solicitor said you will plead not guilty - you will be given bail, but this time - sensible bail conditions, unlike before, which compromised my living at my own address!  Another date was set for the 12th. May for my case to be tried.   Between these dates, there were many visits to my Bristol based solicitors and several more letters sent to the Head of the CPS. 

12th. May  The morning of the court case against me I received a phone call from my solicitor's secretary saying that I didn't need to attend court as the Head of the CPS had rung to say the harassment charges had been dropped. What a relief.  My solicitor had worked his magic and shown them they had a fight on their hands if they proceeded with this nonsense.   In a way, I wasn't surprised as the Head of the CPS had become heavily involved, and if he'd taken it upon himself to look at the evidence against me he would have quickly realised there was no case. The breach of bail charge had not so far been dropped, (banging the gate) but in view of my own evidence, I felt perfectly confident it would be.  I was now facing only two court cases.  Crown Court for my appeal and the so-called breach of bail.


19th. May  I went into hospital for an operation, and before I had even gone down to theatre I was given the news that the breach of bail case had also been dropped.  Two down one to go.  I now only had one case pending that of my appeal which was scheduled for the 13th July at Swansea Crown Court.

29th. June  I received a phone call from my solicitor cancelling our prearranged meeting as the Head of the CPS had rung him to advise that the CPS were not going to defend their case against me and it was to be quashed. 

What an ordeal and it was now over - or was it???      Little did I know that I would be arrested twice more! 


Log of every single incident that took place.










No comments:

Post a Comment